Start Date: March
Back to careers
Schwartz Media, publisher of renowned brands The Monthly, The Saturday Paper, and 7am podcast, is looking for a Sales Director to join our team and help shape a positive and sustainable future for Australian journalism.
Working among a creative and collaborative team dedicated to enabling the telling of important stories, the focus of this role is to liaise with marketers and their agencies to service, retain and grow existing relationships and to secure new business that helps fund important journalism in Australia.
The Schwartz Media commercial proposition is a unique one, connecting brands to our audiences in a way that delivers influence and impact. It is a premium and creative proposition that is distinctive in the Australian market, and has significant growth opportunities as our audience and offering continues to expand.
As a commercially minded and imaginative sales executive, you will have experience in successfully delivering ingenious and effective advertising partnerships for a national media brand. Your ability to build and nurture strong relationships with key stakeholders will ensure that you leverage all opportunities to connect the brands of advertisers with our audiences.
You are curious, entrepreneurial and interested in taking a hands-on role in shaping the future of news media, in a challenging environment filled with possibilities.
Ideally, you will also have strong pre-existing relationships and expertise in the following sectors: travel, education, finance, automotive, luxury, food and beverage.
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Six-plus years of media, agency or sales experience within a premium, content- led media organisation
- A structured problem solving skills and the ability to simplify multi- faceted sales and commercial components
- Have a curious mind and competitive spirit
- Have an interest in Australian politics, society, current affairs, arts and culture
- Have a solid understanding of the importance of independent media and the benefits it offers readers and brands
- Want to evolve in a high-performing and forward-thinking company
- Want to play a key role in shaping the next phase of Australian media
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working alongside the leadership team in shaping and evolving the Schwartz Media go-to market strategy and offerings
- Development and generation of new advertising products and integration
- Management of a national sales team as well as close collaboration with product and technology teams
- Co-development and delivery of market-facing initiatives – events, roadshows, market presence – that position Schwartz Media as the premium media proposition in Australia
- Development and nurturing of senior marketer relationships focused on education, luxury, finance, travel, consumer products and entertainment/arts organisations
- Sourcing, closing and growing new and existing business to regularly meet and exceed sales goals
- Setting up face-to-face meetings with prospects and active clients
- Planning and implementing strategies to generate prospects and follow up sales leads
- Preparing unique and persuasive proposals and presentations for clients that exceed effectiveness goals
- Responding to briefs and negotiating effectively with clients
- Raising awareness of all print and digital properties within the advertising industry
- Ensuring all current and prospective clients are aware of new products, services and initiatives launched
- Travelling interstate when required
To be considered for this position, tell us why your motivation, skills and experience make you the right fit for this role.
To apply, please send your cover letter and CV to [email protected]