If integrity and independence matter to you, find your place in the home of Australia’s best writing.
Start Date: Immediate
Work with one of Australia’s fastest growing media companies
Schwartz’s business publishing arm Schwartz Pro is expanding, and we’re looking for an experienced account executive to drive sales and customer service for our enterprise customers.
This is an excellent opportunity to work at a bold publishing house that prides itself on quality and independent thinking. Schwartz is also the publisher of award winning current affairs magazine The Monthly, and leading politics and culture journal the Quarterly Essay.
What you'll do:
- Work with our CEO to develop strategic prospecting and sales plans to close deals with corporate and government subscribers
- Grow our subscription business by meeting with prospective customers and upselling existing subscribers
- Assist new subscribers to get the most value from their subscription by walking them through the different elements of the service
- Establish a customer relationship management process to ensure high retention rates
Ideally you’ll have:
- 2-5 years of business development experience, with a customer service component
- Experience working with a SaaS or subscription business
- A track record of closing deals with enterprise and/or government customers
- Skills in remote selling, online demos
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive and energetic attitude
- A preference for working in a startup organisation
On offer is:
- A performance-based and forward-thinking culture working alongside one of Australia’s fastest growing media companies
- Investment in learning and development to help grow your skills
- A competitive salary with bonus leave, based on performance
To apply email your CV and cover letter to Charis Palmer via [email protected]
Schwartz Pro is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building an inclusive workplace, one that values new ideas and diverse thinking. We encourage applications from First Nations People, people of colour, people with disabilities, and people from the trans and queer communities.
Start Date: Immediate
Schwartz Media, publisher of The Monthly, The Saturday Paper, and 7am podcast, is looking for a successful sales executive to join our team.
Working among a creative and collaborative team, the focus of this role is to liaise with media agencies and direct clients to service, retain and grow existing relationships and to secure new business.
As a commercially minded sales executive, you will have experience in successfully selling print and digital advertising for a national media brand. Your ability to build and nurture strong relationships with key stakeholders will ensure that you leverage all possible revenue opportunities to meet and exceed your sales targets.
You will possess a positive attitude, a good work ethic and enjoy working as part of a high-performing team.
Ideally, you will also have strong pre-existing relationships in the following categories: travel, finance, automotive, luxury, food and beverage.
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Have a curious mind
- Have a competitive spirit
- Have a strong interest in Australian politics, society, current affairs, arts and culture
- Have a good understanding of the importance of independent media
- Have a passion for sales and the Australian media industry
- Want to evolve in a high-performing and forward-thinking company
Your responsibilities will involve:
- Sourcing, closing and growing new and existing business to regularly meet and exceed sales goals
- Conducting introductory phone calls to identify and qualify prospective clients
- Setting up face-to-face meetings with prospects and active clients
- Planning and implementing strategies to generate prospects and follow up sales leads
- Preparing unique and persuasive proposals and presentations for clients
- Responding to briefs and negotiating effectively with clients
- Raising awareness of all print and digital properties within the advertising industry
- Ensuring all current and prospective clients are aware of new products, services and initiatives launched
- Maintaining and updating contacts and activities using CRM software
- Travelling interstate when required
Key selection criteria:
- Three-plus years of media sales experience in digital and print
- Experience outside an established brand, such as with independent or niche media or a start-up
- Strong understanding of digital advertising processes and technology
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Strong numeracy skills and attention to detail
- Negotiation skills and confidence
- Analytical and creative abilities
- Time management and organisation skills
- Demonstrated self-learning and problem-solving abilities
- Proficiency in Mac, MS Office, Gmail and Google Docs
- Understanding of digital metrics, such as Google Analytics, open rates, CTRs and CPMs
- A strong interest in Australian current affairs and culture
- Resilience, positivity and self-motivation, with the desire to succeed
To be considered for this position, tell us why your motivation, skills and experience make you the right fit for this role.
To apply, please send your cover letter and CV to [email protected]
Schwartz Media is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building an inclusive workplace, one that values new ideas and diverse thinking. We encourage applications from First Nations People, people of colour, people with disabilities, and people from the trans and queer communities.