If integrity and independence matter to you, find your place in the home of Australia’s best writing.
Start Date: July 6, 2020
The Saturday Paper is looking for an arts editor to join its team in Melbourne. Reporting to the paper’s editor, this role is suited to someone who is deeply engaged across the arts, both in Australia and internationally, and has a compelling vision for The Saturday Paper’s arts and culture pages.
The successful applicant will have high-level editing skills, including experience editing critical writing; a strong and diverse network of contacts in the arts, and the drive to expand this network; the ability to work collaboratively; and a love of arts and culture.
The arts editor will be required to:
- Commission the paper’s arts and culture coverage, including profiles and reviews
- Work with the paper’s existing stable of critics, and develop new contributors
- Provide high-quality structural and line editing
- Have a basic knowledge of media law
- Source imagery to accompany arts coverage
- Liaise with production staff and writers to ensure weekly deadlines are met
- Work with the editorial team to manage social media output for the paper’s arts and culture pages
- Assist with other aspects of the paper, as directed by the editor
You will have:
- High-level editing skills
- Strong contacts in the arts and culture sectors
- An understanding of The Saturday Paper’s ethos and strong vision for the arts and culture section
To apply, please send your cover letter and CV to [email protected]. Applications close June 8.
Schwartz Media is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from First Nations people, people of colour, people with disabilities, and people from the trans and queer communities.