If integrity and independence matter to you, find your place in the home of Australia’s best writing.
Start Date: October 26
Schwartz Media is seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated marketing and social media coordinator to join the commercial team. Working across Schwartz Media’s suite of publications, including The Monthly, The Saturday Paper and 7am podcast, you will be responsible for the coordination of marketing campaigns, and creating and maintaining engaging content across various social media channels.
The successful candidate will work closely with the marketing manager, graphic designer, chief executive and editor-in-chief to create and implement successful marketing and social media campaigns to grow reader revenue and brand awareness.
The successful candidate will be highly organised and productive and able to manage competing priorities and deadlines. They will be calm under pressure and deliver work of the highest quality.
This position reports to the marketing and partnerships manager.
We are seeking someone who has:
- The ability to work independently, be proactive, and to manage and prioritise - competing requests
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, showing a capacity for initiative
- Strong administrative support skills, including Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and CRM systems
- A high level of motivation and commitment to delivering exceptional results
- Strong communication skills, and ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- An understanding of ad formats, segmentation and audiences
- Knowledge of CRM campaign management systems and experience in digital end-to-end campaigns
- An understanding of digital metrics, such as Google Analytics
- An interest in Australian current affairs and culture, and ideally is a reader of The Monthly, The Saturday Paper and listener of 7am podcast
- A sound understanding of social media platforms – Facebook, Instagram and Twitter – as well as scheduling programs and management tools
- The ability to create and manage an engaging social media content schedule
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing and communications or a related field
- Track record of creating engaging social media content
- Direct experience using social media management tools
- Must have experience in the basic use of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and/or other Creative Cloud apps
- Experience using Campaign Monitor would be advantageous
- Initiative and a strong willingness to learn new skills and programs
If you are looking for a varied role that allows you to develop and grow in a fast-paced and ever-changing media organisation then this role is the one for you.
To be considered for this position, tell us why your motivation, skills and experience make you the right fit for this role. To apply, please send your cover letter and CV to [email protected]
Applications close at midnight on Tuesday, October 13.
Schwartz Media is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building an inclusive workplace, one that values new ideas and diverse thinking. We encourage applications from First Nations people, people of colour, people with disabilities, and people from the trans and queer communities.
Part-time four-week contract position
Start Date: Mid-December
Schwartz Media is looking for a journalist to anchor its summer newsletters, writing sharp analysis and unique columns.
The successful candidate will have a strong voice and proven ability to read the news cycle. They will bring together stories from various sources to offer a write-through of what’s important and why it matters. They will also be able to generate and write their own columns, responding to the news.
This job involves writing and editing, and the successful candidate will deliver copy that is clean and insightful. They will be driven, self-motivated and able to work independently.
Experience with Campaign Monitor is useful but not vital.
This is a part-time four-week contract position. The job starts in mid-December, and is a work-from-home position.
Schwartz Media is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages applications from all backgrounds, including First Nations people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, trans and queer people.
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Applications close at 5pm on October 30.