Start Date: February, 2021
Back to careers
The Saturday Paper
The Saturday Paper is looking for a motivated production editor to join its team in Melbourne. This is a key role, suited to someone who is deeply engaged with the news and how stories are told. The successful applicant will have impeccable copyediting and production skills and be able to work calmly and collaboratively with an efficient, dynamic team.
The production editor will be required to:
- Manage production flows and liaise with staff and writers to ensure weekly deadlines are met
- Use InDesign, Photoshop and CMS programs to assist in the production of The Saturday Paper
- Provide high-quality structural editing for The Saturday Paper across all sections
- Copy edit, fact-check and proofread to the highest level. Basic knowledge of media law is essential
- Assist with content management for thesaturdaypaper.com.au and The Saturday Briefing
- Contribute ideas and work with an established team to maintain the quality and rigour that goes into each edition of The Saturday Paper
- Assist with other aspects of the paper, including commissioning, as directed by the editor
We would love to hear from if you:
- Have a good understanding of the importance of independent media
- Have a strong interest in Australian politics, society, current affairs, arts and culture
- Want to join a fast-growing team in a forward-thinking company
To be considered for this position, tell us why your motivation, skills and experience make you the right fit for this role.
To apply, please send your cover letter and CV to [email protected]
Applications close at 5pm on January 15, 2021.
Schwartz Media is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages applications from all backgrounds, including First Nations people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, and trans and queer people.