Start Date: Negotiable
Back to careers
The Saturday Paper
The Saturday Paper seeks a senior reporter to join our growing newsroom. Reporting to the paper’s editor, Maddison Connaughton, this is a job for a self-motivated and experienced journalist, someone who thrives under pressure and is ready to take on new challenges.
The successful applicant will be dedicated to creating quality, long-form journalism. They will have a strong news sense and a capacity to break big stories.
They will also be invested in storytelling, with a portfolio of compelling writing and a desire to bring literary merit to their reporting. They will have a broad appreciation of politics and general news, and the skills to get across stories quickly.
In this role you will be tasked with:
- Breaking important stories across a number of areas
- Writing and researching definitive accounts of the week’s major news
- Producing strong leads and story ideas
- Maintaining exemplary contacts across the paper’s various beats
- Filing to a strict weekly deadline
- Contributing stories to Schwartz Media’s daily news podcast, 7am
Applicants should send a resume, one-page cover letter and relevant clips to [email protected] Applications close on July 31.
Schwartz Media is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building an inclusive workplace, one that values new ideas and diverse thinking. We encourage applications from First Nations People, people of colour, people with disabilities, and people from the trans and queer communities.