Start Date: Immediate
Back to careers
Work with one of Australia’s fastest growing media companies
Opportunity for career advancement
Schwartz’s business publishing arm Schwartz Pro is expanding, and we’re looking for an additional researcher to join our team.
This is an excellent opportunity to work alongside journalists at a bold publishing house that prides itself on quality and independent thinking. Schwartz is also the publisher of award winning current affairs magazine The Monthly, and leading politics and culture journal the Quarterly Essay.
The role requires exceptional accuracy and attention to detail, and strong online search skills. If you enjoy hunting down hidden information and have an interest in how business and policymaking work together, then this could be the ideal role for you. It would suit someone in third year studying at university, or a recent graduate looking for flexible working hours.
In this role you will:
- Conduct online research, including scanning news content for information critical to our industry databases
- Conduct data entry using Excel and/or specialist databases
- Make phone calls to check the accuracy of information
- Establish automated systems and regular reporting based on changes to the database
- Manage a comprehensive events calendar
- Work to support our journalists by sharing useful information
- Ensure the quality and accuracy of information collected
You’ll need strong time management and organisational skills, the ability to work quickly, fluent written and spoken English, proficiency with Mac, Microsoft Office and Google Docs, and the confidence to make phone calls to large organisations. An interest in business media and/or policy would be an advantage.
To apply email your CV and cover letter to Charis Palmer via [email protected]
Schwartz Pro is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building an inclusive workplace, one that values new ideas and diverse thinking. We encourage applications from First Nations People, people of colour, people with disabilities, and people from the trans and queer communities.