Start Date: Immediate
Back to careers
Schwartz’s business publishing arm Schwartz Pro is expanding, and we’re looking for a Policy Reporter.
This is your opportunity to be part of the next phase of a rapidly evolving media sector with a team that’s willing to invest in original, quality journalism.
We’re seeking journalists with an understanding of business. You could be an analyst or policy adviser looking to a journalism role, or a business journalist keen to specialise in policy.
Ideally you’ll be:
- A policy nerd with a solid understanding of how legislation is made
- A journalist/analyst/adviser with at least 2 years’ experience working for a news organisation, and a proven ability to break original stories - - - Someone who thrives on variety - able to jump from writing in-depth analysis to short summaries
- Able to use your distinctive writing style to quickly break down the complex and deliver it in a clear, engaging way
- Not afraid to swap words for data visualisations if that’s the best way to convey information (data journalism experience a plus)
- A resident of Canberra or willing to base yourself there during sitting weeks
On offer is:
- The opportunity to help shape a new journalism business with a small team of industry veterans that you can learn from
- A performance-based and forward-thinking culture working alongside one of Australia’s fastest growing media companies
- Investment in learning and development to help grow your skills
- A competitive salary with bonus leave, based on performance
To apply email your CV and cover letter to Charis Palmer via [email protected]
Schwartz Media is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building an inclusive workplace, one that values new ideas and diverse thinking. We encourage applications from First Nations People, people of colour, people with disabilities, and people from the trans and queer communities.