Start Date: September 2022
Back to careers
Schwartz Media is seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated marketing coordinator to join the commercial team. Working across Schwartz Media’s suite of publications, including The Monthly, The Saturday Paper and 7am podcast, the marketing coordinator will be responsible for the coordination of marketing campaigns from inception through to reporting, and adept in generating copy.
The successful candidate will work closely with the head of marketing and partnerships, and the creative and audience teams, to implement successful marketing and social media campaigns to grow reader revenue and brand awareness. They will be a highly organised and experienced copywriter who is able to manage competing priorities and deadlines. They will have an ability to be calm under pressure, and deliver work of the highest quality with a strong focus on process and attention to detail.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Working with the head of marketing and partnerships, and the creative team, to ensure the timely rollout of marketing campaigns, including but not limited to:
o Cross promotional media partnerships,
o Social media advertising,
o Digital and print advertising, and
o Subscriber acquisition and retention campaigns
- Quality control and maintenance of CRM platform and email lists
- Coordinating paid social campaigns in line with marketing strategies
- Work with the audience editor, social media content producer and audio team to maximise paid social media opportunities in line with editorial social content
- Preparing campaign design briefs as required by marketing campaigns, ensuring all information is documented in project management tools and the full team is properly briefed at regular campaign briefings
- Copywriting of marketing materials, EDMS and promotions
- Drafting, building and circulating EDMs using Campaign Monitor
- Drafting and circulating media releases in accordance with corporate communications requirements
- Maintain consistent records and stock management for Schwartz Media merchandise
- Ensuring internal stakeholders are appropriately briefed on marketing activities, promotions and campaigns
- Creating reports from campaign analytics to deliver performance insights and post-campaign results in a timely and effective manner
- Key metrics reporting across all Schwartz Media products
Personal qualities and skills:
- The ability to work independently, to be proactive, and to manage and prioritise competing requests
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, showing a capacity for initiative
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing and communications, or a related field
- Strong communication skills, and an ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Strong administrative support skills, including Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and CRM systems
- An understanding of Facebook ads manager and Meta Business Suite; and social media ad formats, segmentation and audiences
- An understanding of digital metrics and reporting, such as Google Analytics
- Direct experience using social media management tools
- An interest in Australian current affairs and culture, and ideally a reader of our titles
- Experience using Campaign Monitor or a similar platform would be advantageous
Schwartz Media is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all backgrounds, including First Nations people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, trans and queer people, and people with disability.
This is a full-time position to begin in September 2022 and is based at our offices in Collingwood, Victoria.
If you are looking for a varied role that allows you to develop and grow in a fast-paced and ever-changing media organisation then this role is the one for you. To be considered for this position, tell us why your motivation, skills and experience make you the right fit. To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé to [email protected] by 11.59pm Sunday, 7 August.
A note on our vaccination policy:
Schwartz Media is an essential news service. We have a duty under the model Work Health and Safety (WHS) laws to eliminate, or if that is not reasonably practicable, minimise the risk of exposure to COVID-19 in the workplace. Please note, if successful for an interview we will request a copy of your Immunisation History Statement, or alternatively a copy of your COVID-19 Digital Certificate. We do accept medical exemptions based on recognised contraindication (an allergy or reaction to an approved vaccine) that is recognised by the manufacturer of that vaccine. For further information about our vaccination policy and document requirements, please contact [email protected]