Associate Project Manager, Audio
Start Date: June 2022
Back to careers
Schwartz Media is hiring an associate project manager, audio to manage all aspects of podcast distribution, ad operations and data analysis for its audio products. In addition to daily co-ordination, the APM manages longer-term feature development and incremental improvements across prototype states and live products.
This role reports to the head of product and projects, with direct interface between the commercial and editorial sides of the organisation. Flexible working hours will be required, as maintaining the podcast publication schedule necessitates early mornings, with occasional late-night testing/validation.
Skills and experience:
- Agile working. You are familiar with agile methodology and the ways in which this principle can be employed in practice. You can take an open-minded approach; you know why iteration review is important and can execute it quickly.
- DDaT perspective. You can demonstrate a basic understanding of digital, data and technology principles. You understand the range of available technology choices.
- Experience working within constraints. You understand the value of policy, legislative, regulatory and operational constraints and can find the simplest, shortest and fastest solution for users.
- Life-cycle perspective. You understand how the needs of the team and the product vary across the stages of the product life cycle.
- Operational management. You understand the operational processes of running and maintaining a product or service.
- Problem ownership. You can initiate and monitor actions to investigate patterns and trends to resolve problems. You know how to consult specialists where required. You can determine the appropriate remedy and assist with implementation. You know how to determine preventative measures.
- Product ownership. You know about the tools, terms and concepts used to deliver a product.
- User focus. You can identify needs and engage with users or stakeholders to collate user needs’ evidence. You understand and can define research that fits user needs. You can use quantitative and qualitative data about users to turn user focus into outcomes.
- Communication skills. Since you'll be responsible for rallying, managing and guiding entire product management teams, you need strong communication and interpersonal skills to keep everyone on the same page.
- Analytical skills. As an APM, one of your responsibilities will be to research and review data. You will be able to handle user metrics confidently and collate information to ensure the accuracy of performance data.
- Time-management skills. You will be comfortable with time constraints and should have a knack for meeting deadlines.
- Decision-making skills. An APM should know how to ship a product and handle product launches, as well as how to prioritise conflicting needs and requests. They must be able to make difficult decisions quickly.
Schwartz Media is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all backgrounds, including First Nations people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, trans and queer people, and people with disability.
This is a full-time position beginning in June 2022 and is based at our offices in Collingwood, Victoria.
To be considered for this position, tell us why your motivation, skills and experience make you the right fit. To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé to [email protected] by Friday, May 27.
A note on our vaccination policy:
Schwartz Media is an essential news service. We have a duty under the model Work Health and Safety (WHS) laws to eliminate, or if that is not reasonably practicable, minimise the risk of exposure to COVID-19 in the workplace. Please note, if successful for an interview we will request a copy of your Immunisation History Statement, or alternatively a copy of your COVID-19 Digital Certificate. We do accept medical exemptions based on recognised contraindication (an allergy or reaction to an approved vaccine) that is recognised by the manufacturer of that vaccine. For further information about our vaccination policy and document requirements, please contact [email protected]